Sunday, November 12, 2006

Follow Up Pics...

Ok, so as requested, here are some pics from Fabulous Friday! I have to explain; when we showed up at Becc's ward (after a 45 min drive) they informed us that the craft we'd signed up for wasn't available...someone had cut the boards to the wrong size. Thanks for the warning. Anyway, they are going to re-cut the boards so we can do them on our own. So instead we did these little stencil things...they're ok. Not really my style, and definitely not the colours I decorate my house in for Christmas, but they work. I'm still going to do the "Wise Men Still Seek Him" board soon and I will post pictures once it's done.



Here's the Families are forever board I was talking about in the other post. Sorry for the strange picture. I was trying to find some natural light in my house to take this picture and all I could find was this little strip in the Kitchen. It works good enough.



So Yesterday Ben and I took Marcus for the day (Nate was working, and Tan was sick and couldn't quite do the 8 week old and 23 month old thing at the same time). We were so happy though, cause we love (love.love.love.love)Marcus so much, we'd almost pay to take him for the day (almost). Anyway, he drove all over the city with us while we looked for some new furniture for our home. We've decided a leather set will be perfect for when we have kids. Puke is soooo much easier to clean off of Leather than Fabric. So we are on the prowl for the perfect couch. Anyway, after our shopping trip (unsuccessful I must say), we took Marcus to our Ward Party. It was a Mexican Themed night with dancing and music and lots of yummy food. Although, someone should have warned me about the toothpicks in the deep fried stuff...they really hurt on the way down. Anyway, at the end of the night, all the "mom's" got roses. I have this beautiful rose that I let Marcus hold for two seconds while I strapped him into his carseat and he totally destroyed it! Seriously, two seconds! So we let him play with the stem while I held the rose for him to give to his mom. He had lots of fun with the "sword". Here he is hitting Ben's head with it...


And here he is telling me to leave him alone...cause really it's completely unfair of me to expect he be gentle with a spikey rose stem. I'm a mean, mean person.

Anyway, Marcus was really so good all day long and so cute. We can't wait until Tan's sick again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup those are the ones! yay it looks so good, I can't wait to do mine. That toothpick visual really made me cringe, OUCH!

Jeni said...

love the "f are f" boards!

Anonymous said...

I love love love that you were so willing to take Marcus for me! Thanks again soooo much - looks like he was a real treat too:)