Monday, October 20, 2008

I'll post pictures one day...

But I'm really just to unorganized and lazy to do it. My house is a mess....as always. Hailey's napping...so I could clean it, but I decided to work out and play on the computer instead. Oh well. That's just the way I am. I'm sort of half thinking about making dinner, but we might just eat buns again. At least they're home made buns - my one redeeming stay at home mom quality right now. I'm not super crafty, I don't sew amazingly well, I don't cook all that often, I'm not a good organizer, I never do my hair or makeup anymore, and I don't think I'm very much fun with Hailey, BUT I do have a very yummy bun recipe that I make occasionally, which I'm pretty sure is exactly why Ben and Hailey keep me around.


It was my big 25th Birthday a few weeks ago. Which I thought was a pretty big deal - but actually turned out to be less then that. Oh well, that kind of thing happens when you get older. Anyway, Ben didn't get me a present....which was surprising because he made that mistake 5 years ago and has not lived it down. So I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and assume a present was on it's way. So I did the normal patiently waiting type activities....like watching out the window for a UPS driver to deliver my present (who did come 5 times in the last few weeks but always to my neighbour's house); checking our bank and credit card statements daily for purchases (which was a waste of time and only had me stressing about fiances in general); and finally reminding Ben every day that it was my Birthday exactly __# of days ago and I still hadn't seen a gift. So you can tell I'm a pretty patient girl. Anyway, the other day I was at Costco and noticed the KitchenAid mixer was on sale again...and then I noticed that we'd got our Costco money in the mail...which made me think of the most wonderful....uh...Christmas present idea for me. So the next morning I decided to drop a few very subtle hints for Ben about said Mixer and my Birthday/or Christmas present. I said something along the lines of "so because you didn't get me a Birthday present I decided I want the KitchenAid mixer right now". Subtle. The funny thing though is Ben's face suddenly lost all it's colour....he looked up from his bowl of cereal (remember, I'm a good housewife), and asked if I was kidding. Um of course.....not. Why would that be a joke? Well as it turns out, the reason Ben didn't get me a Birthday present was because he was waiting for the Costco money to come in, and then was waiting for the Mixer to go on Sale. So he had good intentions and I managed to spoil them. Oh well, it worked to his advantage because he then decided he was too busy to buy it himself and sent me into Calgary to buy my own Birthday present...two weeks late of course. Ahhh, married life.




Anyway, that's my life right now. Really exciting (sense the sarcasm???). But I do have a shiny new KitchenAid on my counter and we're all eating some really delicious buns. Just don't get me started on the whole Bosch vs KitchenAid thing. I think a KitchenAid sale at Costco with free Costco money beats the $500(plus) I'd spend on the Bosch. And I really don't need to make 15 pounds of dough at one time....at least at this stage of my life. So cheap(er) KitchenAid it is.

8 comments:

Jeni said...

I love my kitchenaid too.. although I would one day love a bosch. and happy belated!!
OK true confession, you are a TOTALLY normal mom. I do not cook, clean, do my hair or makeup and I dont even do buns... so you have one up on me!

Christine Peterson said...

ha ha this post was so funny, well it sounds like you are a normal mommy. why don't you share your bun recipe too!lol

The Taylors said...

yea definately shar ethe bun recipe, mine were a flop this thanksgiving, but of course everyone humoured me and pretended they loved them, but i was eating the same ones so i knew the truth! Share your hints!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect snapshot of a perfect wife and mother! Enjoy your kitchenaid, it's smaller than a bosch and so can sit on your counter and therefore is quicker and easier to use. Good choice. Ben definitely gets some brownie points for knowing the right present to get you.
Love, G-Ma
PS I would love your bun recipe, too. :)

Amy said...

I second the comment on brownie points for Ben. I've been dropping hints for about a year now for "someone" to get me one. I may just follow in your footsteps and buy myself one for Christmas. :)

lisa slocombe said...

MEAGAN! i didn't know they were on sale at costco!!! and $100 is really great. i just emailed hugh and told him this is what i want for christmas. i've wanted one for years. if i get it, i need to come over and watch you make your buns.

Randa said...

I totally know where you are coming from - my redeeming quality is that I make bread! My advantage of course is that I have never done my makeup. =)

Francis Family said...

That is too funny. I have wanted one FOREVER!! I NEED to tell Dustin they are on sale, we are even going to Edmonton in 3 weeks, lets hope they are still in sale. I am jealous and good job on Ben!