Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Things that make me smile.

After a few crazy weeks in my home - and a few pounds gone due to stress (which I actually don't mind one bit...the weight that is) - I decided to take a step back and reassess the situation. I needed to decide what was important, and what maybe wasn't so much. After letting go of a few things, I quickly realized what was important in my life... important in the way that I never want to forget. Things like:


This 3 year old playing games on the iPhone by the light of the Christmas tree

The 4 of us on our first ever tobogganing trip as a family

This awesome husband of mine, who decided that taking matters into his own hands when the -30c weather hit, meant growing an extra layer of hair on his face.

Seeing this one lounge in the snow for the first time - in a hat she hasn't figured out how to take off yet

Hailey's face on her first ride down the hill...excitement? Daredevil?

This one falling asleep whenever she needs it, wherever we are

And finally waking up to this sweet face after she snuck into my bed (and fell back asleep) after her dad went to work
When life gets crazy - like it does - I just need to remember these small things that make me smile. Because they are important.

3 comments:

The Taylors said...

Great moment, love the photos of hailey in front of the tree, my kdis love playing with the iphone too!

Lahni said...

I love that picture of Hailey by the tree!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful post -- well worth keeping. I love the beard. But I really, really love the picture of Hailey by the tree. Lovely lighting, lovely child.
Tobogganing, smiles, sleeping children.
Lovely sentiment in this whole post.
Love, G-Ma