Monday, October 12, 2015

It's my Birthday and I'll 'Mom' if I want to!

Everyone kept asking me what I had planned for my Birthday this year...and strangely enough there was nothing planned. It's been an incredible busy fall and ALL I wanted was to not clean up after dinner! That's it. On the actual day of my Birthday the girls had drama club and swimming all afternoon/evening. So I was busy running back and forth between the pool and the school. Then I came home for dinner and thank goodness Ben was taking us out to eat. JUST what I wanted and needed! So my answer to everyone when they asked what I did for my Birthday... Mom stuff. Just Mom stuff. And I'm so happy that I GET to do mom stuff. These 4 girls keep me busy, but I would never want it any differently. I was spoiled still...in fact I feel so grateful to have so many great friends who dropped off treats for me. SO thoughtful!! It makes me feel like I need to step up my Birthday game. And after dinner we came home for presents...and Ben bought me a fancy new blender. I guess he'd been doing his research and had looked seriously at the Vitamix and Blendtec and ultimately decided to buy the relatively unheard of (in North america at least) Omniblend. According to his research it performs equally as well as the other two (if not better) and is significantly cheaper! YAY! I have pretty much been making pina colada's all day every day since I opened the box!







No comments: