Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas...

Oh Christmas...how I LOVE Christmas! This year was just perfect! Maybe it was the brilliant weather, or all the snow on the ground, or the great family we got to spend the holidays with, or our sweet girls who were very excited - especially Hailey! She is at the PERFECT age for Christmas! I think she'll be the perfect age for a few years to come....which is great because soon enough Paige will be the perfect age. I can hardly wait!

I think one of the best things about Christmas this year was the "Santa Threat". You know, the "you'd better be good because Santa's watching" threat. LOVED it! One time Hailey was being exceptionally difficult (she's three it's normal right?), anyway, we told her she'd better be good or we'd call Santa. Her response?

"Santa doesn't have a phone!!"

Oh.

So we told her that we'd email him...and that did the trick. How times have changed.

Anyway, we were busy all month with our advent calendar activities. One of our favourites was making popcorn garland. The 1 year old dumped the bowl of popcorn on the floor, and the three year old vacuumed it up. What could be more fun? Needless to say, no popcorn garland made it on the tree. But honestly, this was WAY more fun for them!

We hosted Christmas at our home this year, which worked out great! Our kids got to sleep in their own beds - and nothing is more important then a good nights sleep. Ben's family all came up Christmas eve (except his sister and her family who are unfortunate to have to live in the Caribbean).
Grandma read the girls a new book. Hailey LOVED it. Paige learned to say "ho ho ho".

We ate food ALL night long, then got the kiddos into their PJ's and took a picture. Paige of course sent death rays to Jaxson/his bottle. I forsee a great friednship developing between these two cousins:)

We had WAY too many presents under the tree...don't worry they aren't all ours (remember?Ben's family was here too)
We had to eventually wake the girls up Christmas morning - who sleeps in on Christmas? My girls I guess.

Hailey had a lot of fun opening all her million presents...here's the apron I made her (Paige has one too, and if I get around to it, I will as well)
The last present of the day was this beauty:
Yep...it's a pink camo quad! It's real too. Gas powered and all. Don't worry, they'll have helmets and we even have a remote shut down. I'm not sure who was more excited about it...Ben or Hailey. Ben probably. (p.s. it's obviously hard to keep clothes on our girls...whatev)

We spent the rest of the day relaxing - playing with Grandmas ipad.

Ok - I didn't relax at all for the rest of the day...because I was busy making my FIRST ever Turkey dinner! It turned out perfectly! We brined the turkey over night and then rubbed the bird with spices...it was divine!
Overall the Holiday was so wonderful. Can I get any cheesier? I don't think so...but it really was that great. We all got SPOILED! The girls especially. They deserve it though...right? The company was great. The food was delicious. The weight gain was worth it.
We're still looking forward to the get together with my side of the family. Our schedules just didn't work this year...so we haven't got together just yet. But we will!!
Anyway, I hope you all had a Merry Christmas...and I hope you have a Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Christine Peterson said...

Santa doesn't have a phone, she's too wicked smart haha. Love it.

Ashley said...

Christmas was Perfect Meagan! Your a good hostess :) Thanks! I love the pictures...they turned out way cute.

rebecca said...

mmmm, your turkey looks so good and I love your cute tree picture! Missed being there :( R

The Taylors said...

awesome post Meagan! Happy New Year!

Julie Allred said...

Yay for perfect Chistmas'. I am sure your turkey was delish! Love the quad too

Francis Family said...

Dustin is beyond jealous of the Quad, he said next year we are getting our girls one! ha.
Glad you had such a great Christmas!

The Harker Family said...

So adorable! Loved the pics! Glad Christmas was so much fun. Oh and I LOVE the pink quad!