Saturday, March 24, 2012

A boring Update

Life has been pretty low key these last few days. We're slowly...very slowly working on getting ready for this baby. I'm rounding up things like baby clothes (for boy or girl), baby blankets (also for boy or girl), baby swing, bassinet, crib, car seat, diapers, diaper cream etc. I've also finally packed my hospital bag...which is surprisingly early for me. Normally I pack it while I'm rushing around like mad as I head into the hospital. But I just feel like being more prepared this time. I have less than one week until I hit my due date. I was early with both my girls and although I'm trying to NOT expect an early baby again, I do sort of have my hopes up. I'm thinking Monday or Tuesday would work for me! We'll see.

Anyway, besides getting ready for this baby, we've been doing a lot of sleeping. Ben was involved in a pretty traumatic Snowmobile accident a few weeks ago, and although he's fine, we're all pretty shaken. And if you didn't know, feeling 'shaken' makes you TIRED! So most everything important in our lives has been put on hold while we process things and try to figure out what our new normal is. I'm pretty sure our new normal will be arriving this week, and will make us even MORE tired! But it's something wonderful and amazing to look forward to!

Anyway, here's a glimpse into our daily lives. Both our girls are such blessings in our lives. But sometimes we really know how lucky we are to have Paige in our family. She is ALWAYS game for a cuddle or two. So when Mom's sad or Dad's tired, she's ALWAYS there rubbing our backs and snuggling in tight. Nothing beats that!


Anyway, I have big plans to blog at least twice more before this baby arrives. So stay tuned for a 39 week belly update and an anniversary post (9 years).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a little doll she is.
And of course I have to mention what a cheerleader Hailey is. :) I'll send you a picture from Matt's game.