Friday, April 13, 2012

a 9 year update

So this year...way back in February we celebrated our 9 year anniversary. We had BIG plans to celebrate in a big way! Haha...just kidding. But we did plan on at least going out to dinner and a movie, or something equally as exciting. BUT it never really happened. Life sort of got in the way, and then we had a baby! But I did put together this little slide show video that documented our life together. I learned a few things while making this video...

1 - I'm so grateful that Ben's in my life. He's really my best friend in the whole world and I just LOVE spending time with him
2 - I'm not 18 anymore...really, how did that happen?
3 - We HARDLY take pictures of just the two of us - some years were definitely not picture years and it was hard to find even just a few decent pictures. I have a MILLION of one of us with the kids, but not very many of Ben and I!

I've been sort of hesitant to share this video because it means a lot to me. When I started making it, the video was just a fun way to mark a milestone in our married life. But because of recent events, it's become more of a way to celebrate the fact that my husband is safe and here with his family. A reminder that we were lucky enough to have him come home to us every day! And it makes my heart break for those in this world who are missing loved ones, those who have had to say goodbye way too early.

Anyway, I'm grateful that this is just the start of our married life, I'm grateful that we have many more years of happiness to come, I'm grateful that I married such an awesome and fun guy, and mostly I'm grateful for this beautiful family we've created. I couldn't ask for more!


Untitled from Meagan McCance on Vimeo.






7 comments:

Lahni said...

That was so sweet - I'm glad you decided to share!

Christine Hill said...

I love this! You guys are such a great couple...I kinda want to attempt something like this for our anniversary in June, thanks for sharing:)

Amy said...

What a great video, very cute! Looking forward to Mexico again. ;)

The Caballero's said...

Loved this video! What a neat way to share 9 whole years of marriage and the creation of your beautiful family. It makes me realize I need more pictures with my husband as well :)

The Taylors said...

Love this video Meagan, you are such a cute family!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and so tender.

Sarah said...

I really loved this! Ben is such an awesome guy ad we are grateful to have him around too! And I have the most beautiful sister!!! holy cow