Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas

well, I'm so happy this year! At first I was a little sad because my parents were gone and it seemed like we didn't have anyone to spend Christmas with. But then Sarah and Nick came and we just chilled all day and the girls were in heaven. I think Sarah and Nick may just be their favourite people!

Christmas Sunday (the 23rd) was a hit....meaning, no one was sick!! Yay! I really really wanted to get a picture of the girls before church with their hair done and everything...but we slept in. So we tried one after church. A little bit scraggly, a little bit hungry and a little bit tired. This was the best I could do. lol. I think they look like angels! We spent the evening at Nate and Tans for a delicious Turkey dinner with the whole family! It was amazing!

 
Christmas Eve: we went to Becc and Jar's we ate and ate and ate and ate. And of course the kids performed the Woodruff version of the nativity:

The Angel came to Mary to tell her about her upcoming pregnancy

and then the other Angel arrived...and Mary said "what's the babies name...and can it be a girl". And she thought about it, and said "nope, it's a boy and it's Jesus"

And then they all got together...a sheep or two tried to escape. But they still all sang praises to baby Jesus, who we're grateful turned out to be a boy!

 Christmas Day: Presents!! now let me tell you...we have a special little family. We ALL sleep in! So around 9:00 am the big girls woke us up...they were soooo excited to open presents. We started with our stockings. Then put gift opening on hold, ate a HUGE brunch (aebleskivers, bacon, eggs  etc). Then we skyped with mom and dad...and THEN around NOON we finally opened gifts!!! Different for sure...but perfect!

So...Hailey is the best gift opener...always excited and always showing it. In this picture, the excitement is mixed a little with disbelief! See...a few weeks earlier I caught her snooping in my closet...discovered that she'd found this Barbie makeup kit...and therefor made her return it to the store! Probably the meanest mom in the world. BUT of course I bought it back when she wasn't there and we still gave it to her! So it all worked out in the end, and she learned a little lesson about snooping. She now has makeup on every day!

Cait certainly enjoyed her gift from Sarah!

Paige...this picture is pretty much why parents love Christmas so much. Soooo cute! And it was just a Barbie...but a Barbie is just what she wanted!

A glimpse of my house after presents...messy!

Boxing Day: We went to Claresholm to celebrate with Ben's family. They rent out the church every year and the kids just run around and play. So fun. We also had a little gift exchange for the kids... and a million gifts from Nana and Grandpa. 

 Candy!! Why bother buying this kid anything else?

and the best moment of the day...the snowman building contest! I think Ben wins!!

Anyway, Christmas this year was all sorts of magical! We missed my parents a ton, but it helped to have my family so close by! Thank you Sarah and Nick for spending the day with us...we LOVED having you here! And thank you to my beautiful for girls for being so in LOVE with this holiday and enjoying every moment! And thank you to my perfect husband...for everything - and especially my new camera! It's a keeper! Anyway, I've got to get my 2012 recap video uploaded and I'll try to post it later!! 



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for having us!! We had so much fun! I didn't realize how excited Cait was for her present! Lol

The Taylors said...

Great Christmas post! I think I forgot to take any photos in front of the tree this year. Silly me!