Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Zumba girls

So every year I have high hopes of putting my girls in dance. I dream of these wonderfully sunny afternoons where they come home from school, happy and full of good energy. We load into the van, we sing songs together and dance at the stoplights. Then we go into the dance studio and then I sit quietly and watch with my perfect 1 year old who is content to sit on my lap and watch for 2 hours. And their teacher comes to me after and gushes about how talented my beautiful daughters are. And then I go home to my clean house, dinner is made and my hubby walks in the door after a perfect workday and we eat a peaceful dinner full of healthy organic food together. And no one, I mean no one complains about their cooked carrots, or raw carrots or that darn pepper in their dinner!

But, that didn't happen this year. Because I forgot to sign my girls up for dance. But I did get them into Zumba...which happens to be AT the dance studio, so we're almost there! And instead of those sunny afternoons we get to drive in slushy snow. And we have to take our shoes off at the door and trudge through an inch of dirty water (melted off boots), and then I race my girls into their class 10 minutes late. I don't sit around because there are always overdue library books to be returned, and especially because there's a one year old who will NOT sit still an watch. But I'm pretty sure their teacher still tells me how talented my beautiful daughters are...well not in those exact words. But she does smile and hold Paige's hand when Paige refuses to dance with the rest of the class. And she gives Hailey big thumbs up for trying so hard and getting all the moves right. So I KNOW she loves my daughters. And even though dinner is never on the table, and everyone is complaining about their dumb carrots, and the Hub's is hardly every home. It's still pretty idyllic. 

Anyway, Zumba. It's basically a workout - with dance moves. The girls wear fancy skirts with cymbals on them and Angie and I made little Zumba shirts for our daughers to wear.  It's the highlight of the week!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We get a kick out the posing. :)