Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Family time


The weekend I had the D&C was busy. On Saturday my Aunt and Uncle came into town...Ben and my girls have never met them, so we couldn't pass up on the opportunity to get together. It was a little bit too much for my body to handle, but still such a fun and gorgeous day. We went out for crepes on 17th, then headed over to Prince's Island Park to feed the ducks etc. Little did we know it was Folk Festival that weekend, which was actually a lot of fun. There was so much going on and it was just the perfect way to take my mind off of things. We ended the afternoon at the wading pool in Eau Claire. It was magic.

Then on Sunday we took a little trip up to the cemetery where we had the twins memorial and where we spread their ashes. We showed the girls their names on the plaque and just took a moment to remember and explain things to the girls. It was such a sweet and peaceful visit. Then we decided to go on a little drive and ended up at the Chain lakes. The girls played at the park, tossed rocks in the water and even got a little wet. It was so refreshing and exactly what I needed that day. I am truly blessed to have the family I do. We were made for each other!
















No comments: