Saturday, August 15, 2015

Hailey's Baptism/Nora's Blessing

We decided to baptize Hailey AND bless Nora on the same day. It just seemed to make so much more sense to do it all at once rather than host two major events this summer...such a GREAT decision! I did Taco's for the lunch-in after...Hailey's favourite food of course. Taco in a bag, taco salad, Soft shells etc. It was a great choice...not a ton of work, well liked and delicious!

Anyway, Hailey had her big 8th Birthday on the 14th...she was sick the day before. Got better the day of...just in time for her party. Then was sick again the next day and the day after! I had really really wanted to take some pictures of her in her gorgeous baptism dress, but she was too sick. Finally I pulled her out of bed the day before her baptism and forced her to smile for some pictures in our backyard. Poor girl still looked so sick....and yet so beautiful! We decided to give it a try another time when she was feeling better. But I still love this picture...the look of a girl who is so happy to be baptized even though she feels so sick! Hailey really is such a lovely and amazing young girl. Her kindness to other will be a strength of hers throughout her life and I'm so happy to see her making such good decisions in her life!!




Ben gave Nora a Beautiful blessing...I didn't write it down...and I didn't record it...and I can't remember a single word!! But I know it was beautiful. Because how could it not be?? She's destined for greatness!

p.s. Here are the pictures from a few weeks later...and healtheir






No comments: