Saturday, May 05, 2012

I'm trying to remember

I'm trying to remember the newborn stage with my other two girls. And I can't!! Which is good I think...because I'm just not a good newborn mom, and it's nice when you don't remember how tired and emotional you are. But I'd love it if I could remember it a bit better so I could compare to this stage with Cait. I'm just feeling so worn down and I feel like there's no way it was this hard with my other two. But Ben keeps telling me that it was!! Cait's not even a bad baby by any means...she hardly ever cries. She naps really well and is generally pretty good at night. BUT two nights ago she woke up at 2am and wouldn't go back to sleep until 4:30! And I couldn't take it (I cried a LOT more than she did, that's for sure). Or last night she took two hours to put up sleep!!!! But then she was asleep and slept for 5 hours. So not bad at all!! I just hate how unpredictable it all is!

So I'm just patiently waiting for things to feel a bit normal. In the meantime I'm enjoying quiet moments where Cait just falls asleep anywhere. Or those sweet beginnings of smiles we're starting to get now. Or how much she just LOVES to be cuddled! Because these are things I actually want to remember!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Those are hard nights. I cried a lot. Hang I'm there! She is precious!

Anonymous said...

I know what you're saying: trying to remember the early days/months and wishing for some sort of consistency. Six hours of unbroken sleep one night followed by six hours of crying baby the next night. Embrace those wide awake nights. Easy to say, right?
Love G-Ma