Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Day...and a bit more

After the Christmas Eve festivities were complete we drove back home. Ever since we've had kids we have decided that Christmas in our own home is so worth it!! They sleep better...I sleep better. But of course I like to have company...I mean LOVE to have company. It's my favourite thing in the whole world!! So Sarah and Nick came and spent the night...and my parents were supposed to come too...but they decided a night in their bed might be best too. We're all about sleep in this family. So they came out first thing in the morning...and sent us a text around 8:00 to see if we were awake because they were outside our home waiting to come in. Of course none of us were...haha! Like I said, we're all about sleep in this house! I woke up though and made lots and lots of noise hoping my kids would eventually wake up...sometime around 8:30 they moseyed on downstairs. And the stocking unwrapping began.

Paige was methodical and deliberate with each move

Hailey was hurried and excited

Cait was mostly just "what the heck? Why is there stuff in the sock?"

Overall the Santa stockings were a hit...he sure knows these thee girls!

Grandpa had a nap sometime during the excitement

And then we had our traditional Aebelskivers breakfast with a little eggs Benedict casserole on the side. Deliciousness to the max!


Present opening after Brunch was a hit...and just a really enjoyable time. We took our time and really enjoyed each gift. The girls especially enjoyed watching their sisters open the gifts they bought for them! This kind of stuff is what makes Christmas so fun for me!


I exist! In a very tired form...but I was there!

Ben...just so excited about his new shoes. Like more excited than he's ever been about anything...or maybe he was faking!

Grandma and Grandpa opening the gift from us...a family tree I made and framed for them

Sarah and Nick bought our girls this awesome toy with these little bugs that move on their own and throughout this big track. PERFECT gift for this house of girls. Seriously, I think we were getting tired of all the princess and pink. Some nano bugs were the perfect addition...especially when the girls let them loose in the kitchen while I was cooking just to watch me jump and scream when they'd touch my feet. Fun times for all!

Jeff and Yuka brought Turkey dinner later that night and Liam and Cait tested out the new 'snowmobile'

A few days later we got together with the McCance's for our annual food fest and gift exchange. We all had so much fun!


If I were to sumarize this Christmas I'd say it was perfect. Just like every Christmas. Magical...just like every Christmas. The best Christmas ever...just like every other Christmas. Christmas is just the best best best thing ever!


1 comment:

Wilford and Ann on a mission said...

I love, love the pictures and love even more, if possible, the comments you wrote.