Monday, January 06, 2014

New years

One of our favourite traditions is spending our New Years eve and Day with my cousins on my dads side. We've been doing this for as long as I can remember and I hope we never change this tradition. In the past (when I was young and single, I would go to the dance with my cousins and then head out to Strathmore that night or the next day. Then when Ben and I got married we usually just went out for New Years Day. Well this year we decided to join in on the hotel fun and spend the night. We hung out with all the family, then put the kids to bed, hooked up video monitors through our phones and played games until well after midnight with cousins and Aunts and Uncles. Then New Years day rolled around and we all gathered at the church for some food, singing and lots of playing for the kids. The highlight for my girls is when my Aunt Lorraine paints their faces! She's pretty amazing hey??

p.s. please excuse the iphone quality of these pictures. I feel like I need to find a new way to love my big camera. I also don't take it everywhere I go because it's soooo expensive and I'm scared of losing it or breaking it!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Aunt Lorraine and her face painting. The girls look so cute.
We're looking forward to being in Strathmore next New Year's Eve.